Friday, June 17, 2011

My very favorite cookie - ever!


When Jared and I got married nearly 5 years ago we ate terribly! Every night we would decide which flavor of boxed Pastaroni or Chicken Helper we wanted. It was aweful! It didn't take me long to figure out that I needed some serious help in the kitchen. I started with desserts (obviously- the most important part of the meal)and worked my way up.

My Mom and Aunts are amazing cooks and they shared their recipes on recipezaar.com (now www.food.com). I signed up and this was the first one of my Aunt Keolani's recipes I found. They are my favorite cookies ever! They're crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, slightly salty - totally delicious!

Oatmeal Chip Cookies (from Keolani Wisdom)

1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Shortening
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 cups Oatmeal
2 cups Chips (chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter - whatever strikes your fancy)

Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Combine with creamed mixture. Add oats and chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...