Saturday, June 11, 2011

Banana Nut Bread


I have this neighbor who is constantly bringing us over baked goodness. It didn't take me long to nickname her our Paula Deen friend, because of her very Southern and amazingly good food! She introduced me to buttermilk pie, sweet potatoe pie, pound cake and the best dang banana bread I have ever eaten. It was so good I took one bite and walked back over there to beg her for the recipe!

I grew up on The Lion House banana bread recipe. It is a good tasting recipe, but I have always had trouble with it. The top always gets too brown and the bread is a little dense. This banana bread recipe melts in your mouth! I also really like that unlike most banana breads you don't see those black flecks of banana in it - it has a really pretty color!

Banana Nut Bread:

1/2 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup nuts
2 teaspoons baking powder

Cream butter and sugar.

Blend bananas (mash with a fork until smooth), eggs, and vanilla.

Sift flour with baking powder, and salt.

Add flour mixture to banana mixture, alternating with milk. Mix thoroughly. Add nuts and mix well.

Pour into 2 loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake at 325 degree. 45 minutes - 1 hour for loafs, approximately 20-25 minutes for muffins.


YUM YUM YUM! My house smells so good right now! Be jealous - or go make some for yourself!

Happy Baking :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mine usually gets to brown and dry on top as well, so I am going to have to make this. Ryan is always begging me to make banana bread!

FYI I am usually always jealous of all the delish in your kitchen 24/7!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...