Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spaghetti Factory Mizithra Spaghetti with Browned Butter


So today was one of THOSE days. I had a hundred things to do, and still had 3 hungry boys to feed. Well, luckily for me, this is one of THOSE recipes. If you haven't ever been to The Old Spaghetti Factory, you are seriously missing out. I'm pretty sure my brother Dane asked to go there every year on his birthday. And I'm also pretty sure that my Dad always ordered the Mizithra Spaghetti. It wasn't until recently I realized, it was the simplest thing in the world to make. So today is your lucky day, because you are going to become a restaurant chef....and you will be out of the kitchen in 20 minutes!

Mizithra Spaghetti with Browned Butter
12 oz Thin Spaghetti
1 cup Butter
1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
3 ounces Mizithra Cheese (finely grated)

Here are you ingredients

Mizithra is Greek deliciousness! P.S. I spelled it right and HEB is in need of some correction

Finely shred your Mizithra - like this

Next get your pasta cooking. Meanwhile, start melting your butter in a skillet.

Get it simmering like so, and add your garlic.

Keep is simmering for several minutes (4-5), stirring often. Remember we want BROWNED butter, not burned butter.

This is what it should look like. And this what about the time my husband called from the other room what I was making for dinner because it smelled SO GOOD!

Now mix your cooked pasta in with your browned butter, and top with all that yummy mizithra cheese.
Bravo! Bellissimo!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like one of my childhood dreams. I NEVER wanted to eat my spaghetti with sauce, just butter and cheese! I will have to make this one night when it is just Audra and I for dinner! YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...