Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fresh Peach Cobbler



The other day when I went grocery shopping, I eyed these beauties and just had to load up on them.
Oh ya, and don't mind the mess on my counter. I do that so that you don't feel bad if your kitchen isn't clean! Haha!

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE peach cobbler! I love the way it smells while it is baking! To me, it just screams SUMMER! This recipe is from the Saltlick restaraunt in Austin TX. I haven't personally been there, but apparently its a pretty awesome steakhouse. This is the BEST cobbler recipe ever!

Disclaimer: Yes, this recipe does have more sugar than most peach cobblers. Sure you COULD use less. But you know, my Dad works with sugar beet farmers for a living, and it's always been our family motto "Support the Industry". I have ALWAYS been a very supportive daughter.

Fresh Peach Cobbler - Salt Lick Restaurant

Batter
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup room temperature milk
1 room temperature egg


Filling
5-6 fresh peacher or 1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg


Ok so first, peel your peaches and combine with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Like so

Set aside and melt your butter in a 9x13 pan while your oven heat up to 350 degrees

While your butter is melting, combine all ingredients for the batter and beat until smooth.

Pour batter evenly over melted butter.

Next, spoon your peaches on top of the batter. DO NOT STIR


Don't stir! Don't do it!!

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown

you see, I didn't even get a picture of it before people started digging in!

Serve warm with ice cream on top

1 comment:

Heather J said...

totally drooling right now. yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...