Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce

The past couple of weeks I have stumbed upon an amazing ingredient for Mexican cuisine...Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce! The peppers themselves are red and spicy, while the sauce is more mild and smoky. It is perfect for putting together a quick meat marinade with a little bit of a smoky bite. Here are a couple of recipes I've tried out using the chipotle peppers. I am in love....with Mexican food!

Chipotle Pork Tacos from Our Best Bites

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/chipotle-pork-tacos

These were so super quick and easy! The whole family loved it. Adjust the chipotle peppers to your taste...I used nearly the whole can because I like it hot!

Beef Fajita Nachos from The Pioneer Woman


http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/02/beef-fajita-nachos/

These were definately a hit! I ended up using red, yellow and orange peppers instead of green for a little variety. So yummy!!

As for my little family, we'll be eating a frozen pizza tonight. The extent of my cooking for the next couple of days post surgery will be laying in bed, blogging about food!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...